API stands for Application Programming Interface, which is “an interface or communication protocol between different parts of a computer program intended to simplify the implementation and maintenance of software.”*
*Web API (wikipedia)
Four levels of API access:
- Basic (teaser) access API
Partners can retrieve generic description, image, rating and price of tours.
- Reading access API
Partners can retrieve full description, price, options, and availability of tours.
- Booking access API
Partners can retrieve full description, price, options, and availability of tours, perform bookings, and execute payments.
- Masterbill access API
Same level of access as the Booking API, but partner acts as the merchant of record.
What criteria do you need to meet to qualify for API access?
- Basic (teaser): minimum 100k visits or downloads (app)
- Reading: minimum traffic of 1M and a minimum of 300 monthly bookings (for partners who already have a "basic" API)
- Booking API/Masterbill API: please reach out to your partner manager
- For all-access levels: partner needs to have a technical capability or a team in order to integrate with GetYourGuide API. We cannot guarantee technical onboarding support
Why consider an API integration
- Customize your widgets
- Retrieve data directly and perform bookings
- Enjoy an automated, efficient and personalized integration
API integration isn’t for you if:
- You don’t have a technical team to build the integration (GetYourGuide are unable to offer full onboarding support)
- You have limited time/capacity
- You don’t meet the volume criteria