Why you should provide your clients' contact details?
When booking activities for your clients, you’ll notice a section in the checkout process that asks for the traveler’s details. This part of the checkout allows you to enter your client’s name and contact information. Here are three reasons why providing this information is good practice:
- Your clients’ names will be printed on their paper vouchers. This ensures that your clients won’t run into a situation where the tour provider might question their ownership of the voucher. Many tour providers check that the name on the voucher matches the customer’s ID.
- Your clients will get mobile vouchers. Mobile vouchers guarantee that your clients have access to their activities, with or without an internet connection. Even if they forget to bring their paper vouchers, they can easily pull up their tickets on their mobile phones.
- You’ll earn a commission for additional activities your clients book. When you provide your client’s contact information, not only will they receive important details about their booking, they’ll also get recommendations for nearby activities that they might be interested in. If they book any additional activities through that email, you’ll earn a commission!
Which GetYourGuide emails will your client receive?
After you book on behalf of your clients, they’ll get the following emails:
- A pre-trip reminder that contains mobile vouchers, meeting point information, and recommended activities
- An invitation to leave a review for the activities they attended
- Cancellation confirmation (in case an activity is canceled at the last minute)
As the travel agent, you’ll get the booking confirmation email. You’ll also have a copy of the same pre-trip email that your client received and any cancellation confirmation emails.
We highly encourage you to take the time to confirm your clients’ contact information when booking activities for them. It’s a simple way to ensure they have the best possible travel experience and return to you for future vacation planning.
Here is how it looks like for your reference:
How to cancel tours and activities for your customers?
Find the confirmation email of the tour you booked for your customer and identify the booking reference, PIN number and timeline for cancellation. Proceed to the next step depending on the timeline for cancellation.
Note: You'll find information about the cancellation policy for your booking on your voucher.
Scenario 1: Cancellation process for activities starting in more than 24 hours
- Navigate to https://www.getyourguide.com/contact/ - click on cancel booking and enter your booking reference and PIN number and press submit
- We'll confirm your cancellation via email. Please check your spam folder and booking status if you don't receive instant confirmation.
- We will automatically refund the same payment method you used to pay for the tour. Refunds can take 3-4 business days to appear in your account. However, some credit card companies have different processing times.
- Please contact email@example.com if your customer requests a gift voucher
Scenario 2: Cancellation process for activities starting in less than 24 hours
Please call our customer support team to receive a credit redeemable for the full value of your booking. They are available 24/7 to help you with your cancellation. Contact info: (service numbers)
- If the attraction you booked has been closed as a preventative measure, GetYourGuide will email the address entered under ‘travel details’ and you will receive a full refund.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your customer requests a gift voucher